[Ipe-discuss] problem with ipe in Ubuntu 14.04

Vissarion Fisikopoulos vfisikop at ulb.ac.be
Mon Nov 10 15:42:48 CET 2014

Hello,

I have a problem with ipe in Ubuntu 14.04. I installed all the
available versions and since the compilation terminated without errors
when I use ipe some objects I create are invisible (like points or
circles). Also old files made by ipe on another system are not
correctly open (I again have some visibility problems, for example
some lines and points are not visible at all) Note that I can select
the invisible objects and change their properties but still cannot
make them visible.

I only had the following warning

======================== Installation successful ==========================

Copying files to the temporary directory...tar: .0: Cannot stat: No
such file or directory
tar: Exiting with failure status due to previous errors

when I run
checkinstall --pkgname=ipe --pkgversion=7.1.5 --backup=no --fstrans=no
--default make install IPEPREFIX=/usr/local

I'm using ipe for many years and this is the first time I have such a
problem. Could you please help.

Best,
Vissarion.