[Ipe-discuss] text from ipe-image appears cropped in tex-document

Otfried Cheong otfried at ipe.airpost.net
Sun Mar 2 10:15:18 CET 2014

On 02/03/14 04:11, Ingo Wilms wrote:
> There is only one tiny thing I did not manage to work out. Sometimes text
> appesars cropped after inserting an ipe-page into a tex-document as a figure.
> The same thing happens when I export png-images.
>
> Example: I just created a label in ipe with "Omegaf". Now a small piece of
> "O" and "f" is missing. Here is an upload of the png-file:
> http://www.imazeki.de/example.png
>
> Does anybody know if there is way to avoid that behavior? Maybe it is just a
> small setting issue.

Tex sometimes doesn't report correct bounding boxes, or, more precisely,
the actual glyphs stick out of the bounding box of the text.

Ipe 7.1.1 introduced a new style sheet setting <textpad> to solve this
problem.  It will automatically enlarge all text bounding boxes by the
specified amount.

Try adding this sheet to your document:

<ipestyle name="textpad">
<textpad left="2" right="2" top="2" bottom="2" />
</ipestyle>

(See http://ipe7.sourceforge.net/manual/manual_45.html#id15)