[Ipe-discuss] ipe 7.1.4 development

auxsvr at gmail.com auxsvr at gmail.com
Sun Jan 20 11:07:36 CET 2013

Otfried Cheong wrote:

> On 01/18/2013 10:42 PM, auxsvr at gmail.com
> wrote:
>> I was waiting for a version of ipe compatible with lua 5.2, until bug 113
>> was fixed, and, according to Ocheong, ipe 7.1.4 should be the one.
>> However, no such version has been released, and the development version
>> is nowhere to be found, even after browsing the website and searching
>> with google, so my question is: how does one obtain the development
>> version? Or should I wait for ipe 7.1.4?
>
> Development versions are not publicly available, and I was waiting with
> releasing to see if any bugs appear related to the internal changes
> between the two Lua versions.
>
> May I ask why you are in such a hurry to migrate to Lua 5.2?  Aren't Lua
> 5.1 packages still available for all platforms?  If you compile for
> yourself, you can compile either Lua version just as easily.

I was in a hurry because I wanted to upgrade a computer to openSUSE 12.2,
which uses lua 5.2 and dropped ipe because of the version incompatibility. I
thought that it wouldn't be possible to downgrade lua to 5.1, but it is, and
other programs work fine, so ipe 7.1.4 isn't as necessary as I expected.

One compilation error with pdftoipe:

g++ -Wno-write-strings -I/usr/include/poppler     -c -o xmloutputdev.o
xmloutputdev.cpp
xmloutputdev.cpp: In constructor 'XmlOutputDev::XmlOutputDev(char*, XRef*,
Catalog*, int, int)':
xmloutputdev.cpp:33:57: error: invalid conversion from 'int' to
'ErrorCategory' [-fpermissive]
In file included from /usr/include/poppler/Object.h:41:0,
                 from xmloutputdev.cpp:9:
/usr/include/poppler/Error.h:54:19: error:   initializing argument 1 of
'void error(ErrorCategory, int, const char*, ...)' [-fpermissive]
xmloutputdev.cpp:33:57: error: invalid conversion from 'const char*' to
'int' [-fpermissive]
In file included from /usr/include/poppler/Object.h:41:0,
                 from xmloutputdev.cpp:9:
/usr/include/poppler/Error.h:54:19: error:   initializing argument 2 of
'void error(ErrorCategory, int, const char*, ...)' [-fpermissive]
xmloutputdev.cpp: In member function 'virtual void
XmlOutputDev::drawImage(GfxState*, Object*, Stream*, int, int,
GfxImageColorMap*, GBool, int*, GBool)':
xmloutputdev.cpp:339:13: error: 'DCTStream' was not declared in this scope
xmloutputdev.cpp:339:24: error: expected primary-expression before ')' token
xmloutputdev.cpp:339:25: error: expected ')' before 'str'
make: *** [xmloutputdev.o] Error 1

Is this known?

> If there's a real need, I'll release 7.1.4 shortly.

Apparently, it isn't necessary for me.

> Otfried

Thanks,
Peter