[Ipe-discuss] fonts

Otfried Cheong otfried at ipe.airpost.net
Mon Oct 15 08:35:43 CEST 2012

On 10/14/2012 07:10 AM, Raphael Clifford wrote:
> I would like to combine some beamer slides with my ipe presentation.
> To do this I need them to use the same fonts.
>
> My first attempt was to download the latexbeamer.isy style sheet from
> http://ipe7.sourceforge.net/manual/manual_27.html . However, when I
> add it in ipe to my existing presentation and then do ctrl-l I get
>
> An error occurred during the Pdflatex run
> There was an error reading the Pdflatex output
>
> I don't know where to look to debug this.

http://ipe7.sourceforge.net/manual/manual_27.html contains no reference
to something called latexbeamer.isy.

Do you mean the style sheet called "beamer.isy", which is in the
"styles" directory of the Ipe distribution?  I've just tried it again,
and it worked fine for me.

To trouble-shoot Ipe's latex conversion, see

http://ipe7.sourceforge.net/manual/manual_37.html

There is really nothing special about font use in Ipe - Ipe just uses
the normal Latex mechanisms for font selection.  Beamer, by default,
simply uses the sans-serif fonts that come with Latex (that is, Computer
Modern Sans Serif, cmss).

To get Ipe to use these fonts for normal text, all you have to do is say

\renewcommand\rmdefault{cmss}

in your preamble.  Getting Latex to use these fonts for typesetting
mathematics is harder, but the beamer.isy style sheet does that.