[Ipe-discuss] execute lua code for a currently open ipe file?

elwood151 elwood151 at web.de
Fri Nov 25 14:57:22 CET 2011

Hi,

thanks Otfried for your example script
(http://old.nabble.com/Re%3A-IPE7%3A-select-all-objects-which-contain-a-certain-code-in-XML--p32875171.html).

Your idea is good (it also already came to my mind), but in some cases I'll
need manual control to firstly see if all selected objects really shall be
changed (there might be some missing or sometimes too many), so I'd like to
execute the "filtering" and changing of attributes while viewing the ipe
document.

So: is it possible to execute Lua code which reads and changes the currently
open ipe file?
(To load a changed ipelet, I have to relaunch ipe and with ipescript I can
not see the selection instantly)

Kind regards

Martin

p.s.
I'm still struggling as I'm neither yet familiar with Lua (tried to quickly
learn the basis this morning) nor with the ipe object model (at least I
found this very helpful documentation:
http://ipe7.sourceforge.net/manual/index.html - but for a self-taught
occasional programmer like me this is hard stuff, when time is short :) )