[Ipe-discuss] IPE7: select all objects which contain a certain code in XML?

Zhengdao Wang zhengdao at iastate.edu
Wed Nov 23 18:22:29 CET 2011

What you wanted seems to be useful. I put together an ipelet as follows.

-----  BEGIN CUT
-- select.lua
-- select objects by string in XML

label = "Select object by XML string"

about = [[
Select object by XML string
]]

function run(model)

  local d = ipeui.Dialog(model.ui:win(), "Get Selection String")
  d:add("pattern", "input", { syntax="xml" }, 1, 1)
  _G.addEditorField(d, "pattern")
  d:addButton("cancel", "&Cancel", "reject")
  d:addButton("ok", "&Ok", "accept")
  if pattern then d:set("pattern",pattern) end

  if not d:execute() then return end
  pattern = d:get("pattern")

  if not pattern or pattern == "" then return end

  local p=model:page()
  -- p:deselectAll() -- use this if want all deselected first
  for j = 1,#p do
    xml=p[j]:xml()
    if string.find(xml, pattern) then
      p:setSelect(j, 1)