[Ipe-discuss] Can \includegraphics be used in IPE documents?

Otfried Cheong otfried at ipe.airpost.net
Fri Nov 11 12:03:08 CET 2011

On 11/11/2011 07:39 PM, elwood151 wrote:
> I tried to use \includegraphics{\Volumes\Partition\Directory\Filename.jpg}
> with a JPG and PDF file (and its absolute Path) in a Text label in IPE (and
> of course with \usepackage{graphicx} in the preamble.
> IPE creates a box of (I assume) the correct size, but it is empty.
>
> Would there be a way to make IPE render the graphics just as LaTeX would do
> it?

No, this is not possible.  See:

http://ipe7.sourceforge.net/manual/manual_17.html

"You can use any LaTeX-command that is legal inside a \makebox (for
labels) or inside a minipage (for minipages). You cannot use commands
that involve a non-linear translation into PDF, such as commands to
generate hyperlinks or to include external images."