[Ipe-discuss] Can \includegraphics be used in IPE documents?

elwood151 elwood151 at web.de
Fri Nov 11 11:39:53 CET 2011

I wondered if the \includegraphics{} command can be used in an IPE document,
to display the content of an external PDF or bitmap graphics file and
automatically change, when the external file changes and the IPE file is
re-compiled.

I tried to use \includegraphics{\Volumes\Partition\Directory\Filename.jpg}
with a JPG and PDF file (and its absolute Path) in a Text label in IPE (and
of course with \usepackage{graphicx} in the preamble.
IPE creates a box of (I assume) the correct size, but it is empty.

Would there be a way to make IPE render the graphics just as LaTeX would do
it?

(I'm aware of the possibilities to
a) convert a PDF document to ipe and then open it with IPE and use the
contents as vector graphics)
b) import bitmap graphics with the corresponding IPElet
but both ways require embedding the graphics in the IPE document and it does
not change automatically in the IPE document when the original file changes.
)

Any suggestions,
Kind regards

Martin