[Ipe-discuss] Execute command for several objects at once?

Gijs van Oort g.vanoort at ewi.utwente.nl
Mon May 9 16:47:19 CEST 2011

> This was discussed on this list before, but there was no consensus
> what the properties menu should do when several objects are selected.
>
> Should it display the union or the intersection of the properties for
> all the objects?  I guess it would not try to display the current
> values, only offer to modify them.
In my opinion it should display the union of the properties (and
probably some note that there are properties that do not  apply to all
objects). It would be nice to show the current values of the properties
IF they are the same for all objects that have the property, and
something like `mixed' for properties that are different among the
objects that have the property.
If you change a property, it should be changed for all objects that are
selected and have that property.

I think that displaying the union instead of the intersection is more
user-friendly. You could then, for example, Select-all and set the line
width to something, even if there is text that has no line width. If the
intersection would have been shown, you should manually find and select
all items that have a line width in order to be able to set them all.

Gijs