[Ipe-discuss] Wishes

Johan Ingvast ingvast at kth.se
Mon Oct 4 09:41:48 CEST 2010

  Otfried Cheong skrev 2010-10-04 04:30:
> On 09/30/2010 06:36 PM, Johan Ingvast wrote:
>> 1. The current window for text edit closes without applying changes when
>> hitting Escape.
>
> Yes, this is annoying.  I need to figure out how to change that.
Good to know that  I'm not alone on this.

>> 2. Change the behaviour of the Apply button to apply the changes and
>> update the drawing area without closing the window. Add another button
>> OK for apply and close.
>
> I don't understand this.  Which window are we talking about?
Ok, sorry for not being clear.
I mean the text edit window.  Since I'm not extremely fluent in latex, I
frequently have to check that my code works.  To do that I have press
the OK button to see that text comes out as I want and then open the
text box again to continue writing.
What I want is to be able to stay in the text editor while running the
latex code to see what will come out.

>> 3. Make it possible to use any editor for editing the texts, (the
>> possibility to edit the style-sheets with favourite editor is half way
>> there).
>
> This is already possible using the "Editor" button in the text
> entry/edit dialogs.
Oh I see. I have not used the linux compilation for awhile. The "Editor"
button is missing in the windowz version.

/johan