[Ipe-discuss] install pb , mac osx

Gijs van Oort g.vanoort at ewi.utwente.nl
Thu Nov 18 15:47:01 CET 2010

I'm using a Mac, MacOS X 10.6.4. It seems that iconv is not natively
included in a mac; I have installed it a while ago by using 'port
install iconv' (works similar to apt-get).

'port' stores all its stuff in the directory /opt/local:
 > which iconv
/opt/local/bin/iconv

 > find /opt/local | grep iconv | grep -v iconview # we don't want to
see all *iconview*-files
/opt/local/bin/iconv
/opt/local/bin/piconv
/opt/local/include/fontforge/gwwiconv.h
/opt/local/include/gcc44/c++/gnu/gcj/convert/Input_iconv.h
/opt/local/include/gcc44/c++/gnu/gcj/convert/Output_iconv.h
/opt/local/include/iconv.h
/opt/local/lib/libiconv.2.dylib
/opt/local/lib/libiconv.a
/opt/local/lib/libiconv.dylib
/opt/local/lib/libiconv.la
/opt/local/libexec/enca/extconv/piconv
/opt/local/share/aclocal/iconv.m4
/opt/local/share/doc/libiconv
/opt/local/share/doc/libiconv/iconv.1.html
/opt/local/share/doc/libiconv/iconv.3.html
/opt/local/share/doc/libiconv/iconv_close.3.html
/opt/local/share/doc/libiconv/iconv_open.3.html
/opt/local/share/doc/libiconv/iconv_open_into.3.html
/opt/local/share/doc/libiconv/iconvctl.3.html
/opt/local/share/man/man1/iconv.1.gz
/opt/local/share/man/man1p/piconv.1pm
/opt/local/share/man/man3/iconv.3.gz
/opt/local/share/man/man3/iconv_close.3.gz
/opt/local/share/man/man3/iconv_open.3.gz
/opt/local/share/man/man3/iconv_open_into.3.gz
/opt/local/share/man/man3/iconvctl.3.gz

(... and much more; see attached file for the full output)

I have no experience in compiling IPE, so I cannot help with that. But
hopefully the information is useful.

Best regards,

Gijs van Oort