[Ipe-discuss] install pb , mac osx

Otfried Cheong otfried at ipe.airpost.net
Thu Nov 18 15:18:34 CET 2010

Otfried Cheong wrote:
> It seems that iconv is not in libc on MacOS.  Try adding libiconv to the
> link, or just remove the definition of USE_ICONV in ipelatex.cpp (you
> probably won't need it anyway).

Sorry, this should have been USE_ICONV in ipedoc.cpp.

iconv is used in case the user wants to run Latex with a different
character encoding (this can  be useful e.g. for Russian, Japanese, Korean).

Could someone with Mac expertise confirm whether iconv exists and if so
which library needs to be linked in MacOS?  I should fix the Makefile,
and probably make this configurable.