[Ipe-discuss] Setting default style sheets

Norbert Zeh nzeh at cs.dal.ca
Thu Jan 7 23:57:33 CET 2010

Hi Otfried (or anybody else who can help),

I'm trying to replace the "basic" stylesheet with one of my own by
default for all my documents.  Since it's the default, I don't want to
have to do this manually for every document.  What I did is create my
own prefs.lua in my personal ipelets directory.  Currently it looks very
simple:

prefs.max_zoom = 10
prefs.styles = { "nzeh_monochrome" }

A file called nzeh_monochrome.isy is present in ipe's styles directory,
and when I select Help->Show configuration, I see that nzeh_monochrome
is listed as the style for new documents.  However, when I start ipe or
create a new document from the menu, the new document always has the
"basic" stylesheet.  I've tried specifying explicit path names to no
avail, and I have the problem on linux and windows alike.

In contrast, the prefs.max_zoom setting above works as expected.  Also,
there's nothing wrong with the style sheet, as it loads fine when I add
it manually.

Any pointers as to what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,
Norbert