[Ipe-discuss] Ipe 7.0.10 on OS X 10.6.3

Gwenaël Cléon gwenael.cleon at gmail.com
Fri Apr 16 15:18:15 CEST 2010

Hello,

For me, the best way to create a .app application bundle has been to write a tiny Qt4 application that I called Ipe7 :

Ipe7.pro contains :

TEMPLATE      = app
QT            = core

CONFIG       += app_bundle
SOURCES       = main.cpp
ICON          = ipe.icns

where ipe.icns has been created from Otfried's small pinguin in share/ipe/7.0.10/icons, but I think you can use whatever you want.
and main.cpp contains :

#include <QtCore>

int main(int argc, char *argv[])
{
    QCoreApplication app(argc, argv);

    QProcess process;

    process.start("/opt/ipe7/bin/ipe");

    return app.exec();
}

in main.cpp you have to customize the path to your ipe executable.

So you get a Ipe7.app that you can put in your Applications directory.

Regards,

Gwenael Cleon