[Ipe-discuss] Ipe 7.0.10 on OS X 10.6.3

Tim Hutt tdhutt at gmail.com
Mon Apr 12 10:32:50 CEST 2010

On 12 April 2010 02:24, Stefan <stefan at yellowhead.nl> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I recently switched to a Mac, and wanted to take my favourite drawing program along. It was not an easy ride

Likewise. I also found that the path gets messed up when you use
ipelets and they don't work after the first use. Probably because I
used IPEPATH=. because I was trying to make a .app package.

> 1) No support for IPE 6 files?! This is outrageous.

Well, it would have been nice but it's not like you paid for the feature...

> 2) The multitouch trackpad, at first sight, is pretty hopeless. Ctrl-click, on a Mac, is used to emulate a right-click. Swiping with two fingers results in a zoom, rather than the scroll that other applications give.

That's because by default the two finger swipe sends scroll wheel
messages to programs (which is most commonly what you want), but in
some programs like IPE the scroll wheel is used for zooming. To make
it behave properly you have to specifically write code for the mac,
and I'm guessing Otfried doesn't have one. I might give it a go though
- Nokia added multitouch support in Qt 4.6.