[Ipe-discuss] pdf2ipe for Windows

Dirk Gerrits dirk.gerrits at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 08:59:44 CET 2009

Hi Otfried,

I indeed went ahead and built pdftoipe.exe.  I got some warnings in the
process:

$ CC=gcc make
gcc  -Ic:/users/dirk/programming/mingw/include/poppler     -c -o parseargs.o
parseargs.c
g++ -Wno-write-strings -Ic:/users/dirk/programming/mingw/include/poppler
-c -o xmloutputdev.o xmloutputdev.cpp
g++ -Wno-write-strings -Ic:/users/dirk/programming/mingw/include/poppler
-c -o pdftoipe.o pdftoipe.cpp
g++  -o pdftoipe parseargs.o xmloutputdev.o pdftoipe.o
-Lc:/users/dirk/programming/mingw/lib -lpoppler
Info: resolving vtable for OutputDevby linking to __imp___ZTV9OutputDev
(auto-import)
Info: resolving _globalParams by linking to __imp__globalParams
(auto-import)
c:\users\dirk\programming\mingw\bin\..\lib\gcc\mingw32\3.4.5\..\..\..\..\mingw32\bin\ld.exe:
warning: auto-importing has been activated without --enable-auto-import
specified on the command line.
This should work unless it involves constant data structures referencing
symbols from auto-imported DLLs.

But everything seems to be working.  It didn't complain when converting a
test PDF, and Ipe 7.0.10 could open the result just fine.  You can grab the
binary from http://dirkgerrits.com/pdftoipe-20091014-win32.zip (includes
libpoppler-4.dll).  I don't really want to host it for long, so if you could
put the files on SourceForge that would be great.

Kind regards,

Dirk Gerrits