[Ipe-discuss] pdf2ipe for Windows

Otfried Cheong otfried at ipe.airpost.net
Thu Dec 17 08:34:23 CET 2009

Dirk Gerrits wrote:
> Really?  I had no trouble getting poppler to build on Windows when I
> last tried it. Admittedly, this was for a Gtk+ application and not for a
> Qt application, but if you're saying that poppler-qt4.dll isn't needed
> anyway...  I detailed the steps I took at
> http://dirkgerrits.com/2009/10/28/xournal-on-windows/.

pdftoipe is not a Qt application, but a simple command line program.  If
you already have all the pieces installed, would you perhaps be willing
to build pdftoipe.exe for Ipe's Windows users?  It should only take you
a few minutes, as you essentially only have to say  (there is a small
Makefile):

g++ -Wno-write-strings parseargs.c xmloutputdev.cpp pdftoipe.cpp

Based on your instructions, I should be able to work it out, but I
simply have no time now.  Since I do not use Windows myself, it has
really low priority for me.

(I probably failed because I tried to build a small poppler, without the
long chain of dependencies that are not used in pdftoipe anyway. And I
didn't want to install MSys for fear it would interfere with my cygwin
setup - but I guess they can co-exist peacefully?)

Speaking about compilation for Windows, does anybody know how to
crosscompile Qt 4 using mingw under Ubuntu?   I can crosscompile all
other parts of Ipe, but Qt still forces me to do the compilation under
VMware.

Thanks,