[Ipe-discuss] Stylesheets usage broken in 6.0pre32

Dietmar Winkler Dietmar.Winkler at TU-Berlin.de
Tue Apr 21 17:11:09 CEST 2009

Hi,

It seems that the use of style sheets is somewhat broken in version
6.0pre32.

To make things simple I start of by saving the standard style sheet
despite other things the definitions of the gray scales are all set to
"black":
<color name="gray1" value="black"/>
<color name="gray2" value="black"/>
<color name="gray3" value="black"/>
<color name="gray4" value="black"/>
<color name="gray5" value="black"/>
<color name="gray6" value="black"/>
<color name="gray7" value="black"/>

Where as in 6.0pre30 they were defined as:
<color name="gray1" value="black"/>
<color name="gray2" value="black"/>
<color name="gray3" value="black"/>
<color name="gray4" value="black"/>
<color name="gray5" value="black"/>
<color name="gray6" value="black"/>
<color name="gray7" value="black"/>

Well fair enough, I still can simply make my own colourmap.isy and put
the correct values in:
<ipestyle name="colourmap">
<color name="gray1" value="0.125"/>
<color name="gray2" value="0.25"/>
<color name="gray3" value="0.375"/>
<color name="gray4" value="0.5"/>
<color name="gray5" value="0.625"/>
<color name="gray6" value="0.75"/>
<color name="gray7" value="0.875"/>
</ipestyle>
and load it. Unfortunately this is completely ignored by ipe6.0pre32 and
what's even worse...if I decide to save this new colourmap again it
writes out:
<ipestyle name="colourmap">
<color name="gray1" value="black"/>
<color name="gray2" value="black"/>
<color name="gray3" value="black"/>
<color name="gray4" value="black"/>
<color name="gray5" value="black"/>
<color name="gray6" value="black"/>
<color name="gray7" value="black"/>
</ipestyle>

uh?

This happens on the new Ubuntu version of Jaunty, but looking at the
packaging changelog made me think that the problem must be in the
source. So that's why I write it to the list too.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ipe/+bug/364041

And sorry for spamming the list in the last days but ipe is one of my
main tools I rely on and if this bug persists I won't be able to finally
upgrade my system to the next version (which I'm in need for other reasons).

Dietmar