[Ipe-discuss] Save multiple .eps file for LaTeX animations

Raphael Plasson rplasson at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 09:46:06 CEST 2008

Hi

Otfried Cheong wrote :
> Raphael Plasson wrote:
>> iIt would be very useful to have the opportunity to
>> save such files into several eps files by a unique operation
>
> This feature is already on my wish list for ipetoipe (and will be in
> Ipe 7).

Great :-)

> Indeed, it seems reasonable that the crop box for all the PDF pages
> stemming from the same Ipe page should be the same.  Are there any
> problems implementing it this way?
>
> One related issue is that invisible objects are not used when
> calculating the crop box.  This is because it is sometimes useful to
> draw auxiliary lines (or other objects) for geometric constructions -
> you can then snap to these in your drawing - and of course these
> auxiliary objects should not be used to compute the crop box.

Yes, I see your point, it is indeed sensible to not include such
invisible objects.

> Any suggestions?
There may be two simple possibilities:
1) Add "construction objects" (or a "construction" flag to any possible
objects), that would make some objects only visible on screen, but would
only exist in the xml file, and not rendered in the eps nor pdf files.
2) Add a "crop box" object, that would be only rendered on screen, not
in the eps nor pdf file, with a additional option when saving a pdf/eps
file, for forcing to crop all the views to the "crop object" position
and dimension (even if visible objects are outside it.).

Actually, the presence of these both objects would make sense. I just
don't know if it would be actually simple to implement :)

Thank you,

Raphaël