[Ipe-discuss] Presentation in ipe

Yogi yogeshwersharma at gmail.com
Sun Aug 10 08:06:06 CEST 2008

Hi there,

I am trying to make my first presentation in Ipe (!), and am facing
some problem, and it seems like someone must have figured out.

* Every time I make changes to style sheets, I have to delete the
older style sheet from Edit|Stylesheets menu, and then again add the
same stylesheet for changes to take place. It seems kind of
cumbersome. Is there a better way? Can I ask ipe to reload
stylesheets.

* I am having issues with grouping objects. I cannot reliably select
multiple objects some times (it is non-deterministic!). I am not sure
whether there are some issues with the interface or not, but I was
thinking of editing the resulting xml file using the <group> tag (I
have read the ipe manual, and I kind of understand the file format
now). But that is cumbersome too. If I am editing a pdf file, I need
to save it as xml, change the xml in some editor, reload the xml, and
convert it back to pdf (phew!). Is there a quicker way to make some
changes to ipe figure via an editor?

I really like ipe... it seems like such a good program. I used to use
it for making figures for latex documents, but did not know until now
that I can make presentations. I hope I can figure out these issues
above.

Thanks for your time,
Yogi

--