[Ipe-discuss] distribute objects in ipe with equal distances?

Otfried Cheong otfried at ipe.airpost.net
Wed Oct 31 03:03:04 CET 2007

elwood151 wrote:
> Is there a documentation of the ipelets and what exactly they do? (I'm
> sorry, I did not find it yet.)
>
> For the names of those functions which I would love to see in ipe, you could
> have a look at the corresponding "align and distribute" features in inkscape
> which are very well done imho:
> http://tavmjong.free.fr/INKSCAPE/MANUAL/html/Align.html

Ipe currently only has the function that Inkscape calls
"Distribute with uniform gaps between objects"

Both "Align left-to-right" and "Align left and right" do this, the
difference being that for "left-to-right" you manually enter the gap
width (using "set skip"), while for "left and right" the leftmost and
rightmost object are left fixed and determine the gap width.

"Set skip", by the way, also sets the distance between text boxes (the
ones you insert with F10).