[Ipe-discuss] distribute objects in ipe with equal distances?

elwood151 elwood151 at web.de
Tue Oct 30 09:09:09 CET 2007

The functions "Align top and bottom" and "Align left and right" do
> nearly what you want, except that they distribute the space _in_
> _between_ your objects equally.  If your objects do not have equal size,
> that's not quite the same.  What you suggest might also make sense as an
> alignment function (I just don't know how I would call it...)
>
> Otfried

Hi Otfried,

Thanks for your comment.
I tried to distribute 22 vertical lines equally spaced with the "align left
and right" function (defining a skip value with "set skip"), but it did not
work as I would have expected. :-(

Is there a documentation of the ipelets and what exactly they do? (I'm
sorry, I did not find it yet.)

For the names of those functions which I would love to see in ipe, you could
have a look at the corresponding "align and distribute" features in inkscape
which are very well done imho:
http://tavmjong.free.fr/INKSCAPE/MANUAL/html/Align.html

Kind regards

Martin