[Ipe-discuss] Ipe under Windows VISTA does not run PDFLATEX

Guenter Rote rote at inf.fu-berlin.de
Tue Jul 10 18:52:03 CEST 2007

Ipe preview 28 works fine as long as I don't use text.

When trying to save a file or looking at labels, I get a
window titled:

Ipe: Error during the Pdflatex run.
An error occurred during the Pdflatex run. Please consult the Pdflatex logfile for further
information.

with a large text box that supposedly contains the error messages, but is completely empty.
(I can save the file only as an .ipe file)

Does anybody have experience with ipe under Windows vista?

I *don't* have the new pdflatex version:

C:\Users\Günter>pdflatex
This is pdfeTeX, Version 3.141592-1.30.6-2.2 (MiKTeX 2.5)
**

I have also tried it under a different account (even as an administrator), so the umlaut
in my name is not the problem (as is for emacs).
--
G"unter Rote