[Ipe-discuss] font problem

Ryan Krauss ryanlists at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 21:26:15 CET 2007

I am using ipe-6.0pre28 on ubuntu 7.10, running texlive.  I have a
figure where I am having trouble getting some fonts to display
correctly.  I have all math symbols, $X$, $Y$, $A$, and $B$ work
correctly, but $\theta$ just gives an empty box.  $\theta_{A/I}$ just
shows the A and the  I, no theta and no forward slash.

Here is the output of pdflatex --version

ryan at ryan-duo-laptop:~/downloads/ipe-6.0pre30/ipe-6.0pre30$ pdflatex --version
pdfTeX using libpoppler 3.141592-1.40.3-2.2 (Web2C 7.5.6)
kpathsea version 3.5.6
Copyright 2007 Peter Breitenlohner (eTeX)/Han The Thanh (pdfTeX).
Kpathsea is copyright 2007 Karl Berry and Olaf Weber.
There is NO warranty.  Redistribution of this software is
covered by the terms of both the pdfTeX using libpoppler copyright and
the Lesser GNU General Public License.
For more information about these matters, see the file
named COPYING and the pdfTeX using libpoppler source.
Primary author of pdfTeX using libpoppler: Peter Breitenlohner
(eTeX)/Han The Thanh (pdfTeX).
Kpathsea written by Karl Berry, Olaf Weber, and others.

Compiled with libpng 1.2.15beta5; using libpng 1.2.15beta5
Compiled with zlib 1.2.3.3; using zlib 1.2.3.3
Compiled with libpoppler version 3.00

Ubuntu has officially removed support for tetex and switched to texlive.

What is the easiest way to fix this problem?

Thanks,

Ryan