[Ipe-discuss] IPE 6.0 pre26 running slow on linux

Otfried Cheong otfried at kaist.ac.kr
Wed May 10 02:17:53 CEST 2006

Tony S Yu wrote:
> I upgraded from IPE 6.0 pre 23 to pre 26 on linux (Kubuntu 5.10), and as
> a result, I had to upgrade to Qt 4.1.2. Since the upgrade, IPE has been
> running really slowly; there's a noticeable delay on all commands (about
> a second).

This might be the problem discussed before about double buffering (but I
haven't used Qt 4.1.2. myself yet).  In "src/ipecanvas/ipecanvas.cpp",
can you uncomment the line

     setAttribute(Qt::WA_PaintOnScreen);

(in IpeCanvas::IpeCanvas) and see whether this fixes the problem?

In the next version this will be a user preference (because it seems
impossible to make uniform decision for everyone).

> Also occasionally, IPE will hang -- particularly when zoomed
> in and using splinegon with many points.

This I haven't seen.  If you can reproduce it, please post a bug report.