[Ipe-discuss] Problem loading jpg

Johan Ingvast ingvast at md.kth.se
Tue May 2 15:31:24 CEST 2006

Kaushik Ghose wrote:
> Hi Johan,
>
> this is a pretty problem! I have the same issue.
>
> Possible reason: when GIMP loads the image it says "Image resolution out
> of bounds" and then resets the resolution.

Thanks that made me get around the problem. The reason I did not try Gimp was
that it showed up fine with imagemagick, gqview, firefox ...
Also applying jpgtrans did not make any difference.

> WinXP thinks the resolution is 96x96 (dpi).
>
> I resaved the image from GIMP and I can insert it fine.
>
> Alternatively, perhaps Ipe is not so fond of anatomy lessons :)
well, now it does ;)

Frankly I don't know if this is to be considered a bug. What do you say Otfried?
Should I file it in bugzilla?
/johan