[Ipe-discuss] problems compiling

Dominik Szczerba domi at vision.ee.ethz.ch
Sat Jul 1 22:37:29 CEST 2006

Hi,

The precompiled versions of ipe (debian) fail to show my latex inputs
because of freetype incompatibilities (header versus library).

I succeed to build from source but fail to run because of the following
issues:

- even though I specified IPEPREFIX to be /usr/local (in config.pri) the
program exits complaining that /usr/share/ipe is not there.

- if I hack and move the properly installed /usr/local/share/ipe to
/usr/share the program exits complaining that fontmap.xml is not found -
and indeed, there is none. If I brutally copy the urw-fontmap.xml from
the source archive onto fontmap.xml ipe segfaults.

Any ideas?

Thank you,
Dominik

--