[Ipe-discuss] emacs editing in text entry boxes

Johan Ingvast ingvast at md.kth.se
Mon Jan 30 09:39:35 CET 2006

Otfried Cheong wrote:

> Kostas Oikonomou wrote:
>
>> Is it possible to specify emacs key bindings for entering text?
>> Pre-23 (I think) used to have this ability, but how do you do it in
>> the newer versions with Qt 4?
>

> Emacs key bindings should work in text editors because Qt supports them
> (by default).  For some reason they are now broken - this is a bug.

I'd like to continue this thread by wishing that I could have my favourite
editor started by IPE when I want to edit latex code.
In my case that would be vim, however, I think that Ipe should have a look in an
environmental variable like IPE_TEXTEDITOR to see if/what  external program
should be started. Further, I would like the latex log file to be opened in the
same editor.

This would result in that I could use my own shorcuts, and have the text
colorcoded the way I'm used to.

This is only a wish, I'm happy with the way it is, but this would make it even
better, with what I think is a small programming effort.

/johan