[Ipe-discuss] Line attributes - bug or feature?

Kaushik Ghose kghose at umd.edu
Sat Jan 28 16:33:09 CET 2006

Otfried Cheong wrote:

> Kaushik Ghose wrote:
>> When you click on a line, the line attributes (thickness, arrow head
>> etc.) don't update on the select boxes - they remain as they were set.
 >
> I know that Microsoft software has his behaviour, but I don't like it,
> and Ipe won't adopt this.  It would cause users to inadvertently reuse
> the properties of objects they had previously selected, instead of the
> standard settings they started with (and wanted).
>
> Note that this is not a problem in, say, Microsoft word:  When you click
> somewhere to start typing text, the toolbar will revert to the settings
> active at this spot of the document.  This 'reverting' wouldn't be
> possible in Ipe.

Yes, this is well thought out. Thanks for the reply Otfried.
I was thinking about an information-box-on-hover i.e. you hover your
mouse over the object and a box pops out with a summary of attributes,
but thats what ctrl-right does! Its fine as is (except perhaps, as was
being discussed, if we skipped the ctrl key!)

-kg