[Ipe-discuss] ipe features

Manuel López-Ibáñez manuellopezibanez at yahoo.es
Mon Jan 23 16:54:01 CET 2006

Otfried Cheong wrote:

> Manuel López-Ibáñez wrote:
>
>> I am not sure how this works. I click in Set Origin and nothing happens.
>> If  I scale the object after clicking in Set Origin, it doesn't scale
>> it about its center.
>

> Ipe manual, section 6.3.

I see...I think I have managed to do it but I am not sure if it is the
correct way.

First I choose Snap to vertices to be able to snap to the centre of the
circle. Then I press F1 to set the origin of something (If you cannot
use this function from the menu, why it is there at all?). After that, I
press Angular Snap and unset Snap to vertices. Then I select Stretch
objects and by using Shift+Left-Click I can scale about the center of
the circle.

Is this right? I feel a little bit stupid, was I supposed to guess all this?

Cheers,

	Manuel.