[Ipe-discuss] ipe features

Dmitriy Morozov defaultmail at foxcub.org
Mon Jan 23 16:29:58 CET 2006

>> * Missing Toolbar buttons:
>>  - Send Back
>>  - Send Front
>>  - Duplicate
>>  - Group
>>  - Ungroup
>
> Do we want an edit toolbar?  Vote now and win a chocolate penguin!

On a somewhat related topic. What exactly is the depth model in Ipe? I
find "Move to Back"/"Move to Front" to be way too coarse of a manipulation
scheme. I personally would prefer something like XFig's explicit depth
setting. Would this be difficult to implement in Ipe? Does it require a
major rewrite, or does it fit in with the current model?

Oh, and I vote against the edit toolbar. The less clutter the better (the
keyboard shortcuts work just fine). Of course, one could always make an
argument that all the toolbars can be turned on or off at user's will, so
creating an edit toolbar would change nothing for those of us who don't
want it... but why would one make such an argument? :-)

Best,
Dmitriy