[Ipe-discuss] ipe features

Manuel López-Ibáñez manuellopezibanez at yahoo.es
Mon Jan 23 16:23:22 CET 2006

Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Jan 2006, Otfried Cheong wrote:
>
>>>   - Left-click should select (in order to be consistent with other
>>> modes).
>>

>> I'm not sure everybody agrees (the standard shortcut for select is
>> right-click).
>

> Otfried,
>
>   I've seen it both ways, and it doesn't matter to me.

Currently, if I do left-click, it selects. OK, right-click also selects.

Anyway, if you are used to use right-click, now behaviour of
point-editing mode makes more sense. But please don't tell that
right-click is the standard shortcut in ipe because left-click also
selects and there is even a key and a button for that.

>> Do we want an edit toolbar?  Vote now and win a chocolate penguin!
>

>   No. I prefer to use menus and get a bit more work area and a less
> cluttered
> appearance.

Hmm, I had the impression that you can turn off the toolbars as you
wish. You can even turn off all them and the Properties and Layers
toolbars! I am happy to discover this feature for you. Right-click on
the empty space or the dotted region of any toolbar.

Manuel.