[Ipe-discuss] ipe features

Johan Ingvast ingvast at md.kth.se
Mon Jan 23 15:45:18 CET 2006

Manuel López-Ibáñez wrote:
> Of course, the most amazing feature for me is the ability to generate
> LaTeX labels (if only XFig had this feature...). However, I miss some
> features which were very useful in XFig:
A similar program tgif can also do that.

> * More line width options (a numeric factor would be perfect).
Try hit S-T and you can set the line widht to whatever you want. You can also
make your own set of predefined linewidths in a stylesheet.

> * More Arrow Shape options.
I think it is on the list of feature requests.

> * Scale about center. For example, if I have a circle, I wish I could
> increase its radius without moving the position of its centre.
Ipe scales everything about the center of the crosshair (if it is visible), so
just set it to the center of the circle and you have your feature.

> * While editing the points of an object:
>
>   - Horizontal-vertical movement of object-points.
Again, use the crosshair and the angular snap (F8). It will make the points
follow the crosshair lines.
Unfortunately, this functionality is not yet (I suppose) fully implemented, the
snapping to verticices does not work (for splines), and the  automatic angular
snap does not work.
Actually the "automatic angular snap" should (in my opinion) be in action also
when moving objects, which it is not in pre26.

I also like to see a possiblity to easily reset the angular snap to
vertical/horizontal. As now, if I don't have a horizontal/vertical line in the
drawing, I have to create a box and then align the angular snap to that. I think
a keystroke like C-F1 should reset it.

>   - Left-click should select (in order to be consistent with other modes).
This has been discussed before, and I don't agree with you.

>   - Undo/redo.
I think Undo works for most actions. However not for editing points, which I
guess is what you are after.

/johan