[Ipe-discuss] Newbie to the list and Mandriva 2006 package

Manuel López-Ibáñez manuellopezibanez at yahoo.es
Mon Jan 23 14:54:05 CET 2006

Kaushik Ghose wrote:
>>> I was wondering why don't you use more modern icons like the ones
>>> from the tango project [1].
>>

>> Because I'm really bad at making icons, and nobody has been
>> volunteering any yet.  The Tango galery looks great, I'll try to steal
>> some icons for Ipe.  (We would still need prettier icons for the
>> various Ipe modes.)
>>
> What! I love the standard icons! :)

Do you really love the standard cut/copy/paste icons? I simply cannot
believe that!

And before criticizing the (voluntary and unpaid) work of others, you
should actually check it out, shouldn't you?

> No,no, before we make ipe skinnable, I dearly want a file history :)
> Right now, the two most important features of ipe for me are bitmap
> insert and pdftoipe. Is there a way of integrating pdftoipe into ipe
> itself, so we can "import a pdf" into ipe?

Well, I am also writing a list of features I would love to see
implemented. Perhaps you want to volunteer to help me implement mines
and I will help you to implement yours.

Cheers,

	Manuel.