[Ipe-discuss] Newbie to the list and Mandriva 2006 package

Otfried Cheong otfried at kaist.ac.kr
Mon Jan 23 10:55:59 CET 2006

> I have just found ipe, downloaded it and made binary rpm package for
> Mandriva 2006. If you wish to put it on the webpage, I can send it to you.

I would much prefer that you maintain it on your own server, and that I
only link to it.

> I was wondering why don't you use more modern icons like the ones from
> the tango project [1].

Because I'm really bad at making icons, and nobody has been volunteering
any yet.  The Tango galery looks great, I'll try to steal some icons for
Ipe.  (We would still need prettier icons for the various Ipe modes.)

> Is it possible to collaborate on its development? Can I propose features?

Feature requests are entered in Ipe bugzilla.  If it's a major feature,
possibly controversial, or if it's a change of behaviour, it's probably
better to discuss it on this list first.

You can certainly implement features you want to see, and send me
patches relative to the latest release.  You should better check first
that I agree with the feature in the first place :-)