[Ipe-discuss] unjoining or uncomposing paths and filling

Marc Glisse marc.glisse at normalesup.org
Tue Dec 5 17:46:01 CET 2006

On Wed, 6 Dec 2006, Otfried Cheong wrote:

> Marc Glisse wrote:
>>  I have 4 circle arcs. I composed them instead of joining them (couldn't
>>  figure out what the difference was at that time, and I only understood by
>>  looking at the xml and eps code). I want to fill the inside of it with
>>  some color. When I did it, ipe showed it fine. Now I closed and reopened
>>  ipe, it just fills each arc of circle. How to I go from here to the right
>>  situation (I could probably edit the xml file and remove the 3 lines that
>>  reset the origin of each subpath, but that does not feel good)? And why
>>  did ipe show me a nicely filled figure the first time?
>
> If I understand correctly, Ipe now behaves correctly: the composition of four
> circle arcs consists of four filled regions.

Yes (I still don't find the terminology compose/join very understandable).

> I don't know why you first got to see something else.

Some bug... It does it every time with the pre27 that is in debian. And
even after restarting, it showed me two of the arcs as if joined. xpdf
always showed 4 filled regions.

> Doesn't "Decompose path" (in the object menu) followed by "Join paths" do the
> trick?

Oups yes, was easy. Could there be something in one of the menus to make
the object menu appear for those of us who tend to forget the ctrl+right
click magic?

Thanks for your help,

--
Marc Glisse