[Ipe-discuss] Debug build

Jari Lappalainen jari.lappalainen at iki.fi
Mon Apr 24 09:15:55 CEST 2006

Thanks for your help!

Otfried Cheong wrote:

>> How do I build ipe with debug symbols?
>

> In "src/config.pri", where it says:
>
> CONFIG      += warn_on release
>
> change to
>
> CONFIG      += warn_on debug

I tried this and it compiles fine. For some reason, however, the ui
doesn't behave properly and I wasn't able to work with it. Could it be
it requires qt with debug info also?

Anyway, I debugged the oldfashined way (with lots of cout). The crash
was caused by my ipelet trying to draw a circle with radius larger than
1.0E15 and centre at (1.0E15,1.0E15). I set a hard limit in my ipelet at
10000 so it wont invoke the crash. This limit is probably too big, but I
was unsure how to optimize it.

>> Also, any advice on where to put code common to my ipelets.
>

> If your ipelets share a lot of functionality, it might be sensible to
> simple make them one ipelet (an ipelet can implement an arbitrary
> number of functions).

Thanks, that was perfect for my purposes.

I've attached a patch with my ipelet with this message (use patch -p1 in
the top level ipe directory) in case anyone else would find it useful.
It implements adding incircle and excircles to a selected triangle.

Next, I will be needing snapping to intersections involving circles. It
doesn't seem to be implemented in ipe-6.0 preview 26. I'm willing to
implement it.

Any advice?

Is anyone else working on it?

    Jari