[Ipe-discuss] Debug build

Otfried Cheong otfried at kaist.ac.kr
Sun Apr 23 15:50:49 CEST 2006

Jari Lappalainen wrote:
> I'm a writing a couple of ipelets and I ran into problems.
> I need to build ipe with debug symbols so I can
> trace a core dump.
>
> How do I build ipe with debug symbols?

In "src/config.pri", where it says:

CONFIG      += warn_on release

change to

CONFIG      += warn_on debug

> Also, any advice on where to put code common to my ipelets.
> I've now added it in ipelib, but it doesn't quite seem the
> right place. Ipelib is at the core of ipe, I would prefer something
> more peripheral.

If your ipelets share a lot of functionality, it might be sensible to
simple make them one ipelet (an ipelet can implement an arbitrary number
of functions).  Otherwise, it would be best to create your own library.