[Ipe-discuss] Page numbers in presentations

Johan Ingvast ingvast at md.kth.se
Thu Jun 30 07:04:52 CEST 2005

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005, Kostas Oikonomou wrote:
> I am just "discovering" Ipe for presentations.  Is it possible to have
> the slides (pages) be numbered?  I notice in the .tex file that the
> whole document seems to be a single "picture" environment.
>
> 				Kostas
Hi
If you think it is enough to have a running counter without connection to
a TOC, references or anything similar then you can simply define a new
counter and use that.
I have attached an ipe-file which does this.
In the preamble I have
    \newcounter{Page}
    \newcommand{\newPage}{%
        \addtocounter{Page}{1}%
        \arabic{Page}}

Somewhere on each new page I put
    \newPage
which increments the counter and displays it.

Latex issue:
    For some reason I'm not allowed to use the page counter. It displays
    fine on the first page (\thepage), but on next it shows zero.
    My idea would be to manually increment it on each page, and then maybe
    it would be possible to create a TOC. (possibly by hitting C-l twice.)
    Does anybody know what happens to the page counter?

/johan