[Ipe-discuss] ucs problem

Otfried Cheong otfried at cs.kaist.ac.kr
Mon Jun 27 03:20:26 CEST 2005

> There's one thing that I think might be causing this problem of mine.
> You see, when I make the \usepackage[T1]{fontenc} command, it seems to
> choose the old Pk fonts instead of Type1 font. That may be upsetting to
> Ipe. Any ideas?

Ipe can only handle Type1 fonts, not Type3 fonts (which is what you get
from PK fonts).  You can check what pdflatex generates by running
pdflatex manually (go into the latexrun directory, and say pdflatex
text.tex).  Then open text.pdf with acrobat reader and look at "Fonts"
under Document Properties.

If you don't have T1-encoded versions of the fonts you want to use, you
cannot use \usepackage[T1]{fontenc} in Ipe.