[Ipe-discuss] Rotating text objects

Hugh Pumphrey H.C.Pumphrey at ed.ac.uk
Thu Jan 13 09:59:29 CET 2005

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005, Xavier Goaoc wrote:

> > There is one thing that is giving me trouble, and that is rotating text
> > items. [snip]

>  From what I understand, the behavior of "Rotate text" depends on the
> fixed/transformable status of the text (that can be modified via a right
> click on the text itself): a fixed text is moved around and a
> transformable text is bent.

Thanks, Xavier. That was it -- me being dense as I suspected. I found I
needed Ctrl-Rightclick to get the object menu so that I could switch
between Fixed and Transformable text. Alternatively, one can set
transformable text as the default via Help-->Preferences.

Cheers,

Hugh

============S=u=p=p=o=r=t===D=e=b=i=a=n===http://www.debian.org =========
Dr. Hugh C. Pumphrey          | Tel. 0131-650-6026,Fax:0131-650-5780
School of GeoSciences         | Replace 0131 with +44-131 if outside UK
The University of Edinburgh   | Email: H.C.Pumphrey at ed.ac.uk
EDINBURGH EH9 3JZ, Scotland   | web: www.geos.ed.ac.uk/contacts/homes/hcp
=====I==o=f=t=e=n==i=g=n=o=r=e==M=S==W=o=r=d==a=t=t=a=c=h=m=e=n=t=s======