[Ipe-discuss] Congratulations !!!!

Pierre Boulenguez boulenguez at cstb.fr
Fri Feb 18 14:43:47 CET 2005

Hi Ipe users and developers.

I just discovered ipe after a long search for the best vector drawing
program, able to export technical drawing for Latex and pdflatex. I have
randomly hit the link "ipe.compgeom.org" after searching the word
"vector drawing" on Scribus web page.
I really think Ipe deserve more audience ( especially because Ipe have
the feature I want the most : excellent snap on objects ).

But, as "I cant get no satisfaction", I have some features request :

   * Intersection snap only work on lines, extend to other objects.
   * More color selection (use of QColorDialog ?).
   * Custom angle for automatic angular snap.
   * Elipse  object (I was unable to use the parabola ipelets).
   * More and nicer arrow.
   * Interaction with Inkscape ("www.inkscape.org").
   * More visually appealing selection mode.
   * Edition of coordinates and other parameters of objects.
   * Why in the "file->insert image" JPEG image are treated separately
     from bitmap images ?

Is there a community of developers ? Did you need some help ?

Anyway,
Best regards and thank you.
Pierre