[Ipe-discuss] Installing Ipe 13

Otfried Cheong ocheong at win.tue.nl
Thu Apr 29 16:39:49 CEST 2004

 > running ipe I got
 > No font file found for 'Times-Roman'
 > No font file found for 'Times-Italic'
 > No font file found for 'Times-Bold'
 > No font file found for 'Times-BoldItalic'
 > No font file found for 'Helvetica'
 > No font file found for 'Helvetica-Oblique'
 > No font file found for 'Helvetica-Bold'
 > No font file found for 'Helvetica-BoldOblique'
 > No font file found for 'Courier'
 > No font file found for 'Courier-Oblique'
 > No font file found for 'Courier-Bold'
 > No font file found for 'Courier-BoldOblique'
 > No font file found for 'Symbol'
 > No font file found for 'ZapfDingbats'
 >
 > but ipe seems to be usable anyway

These are the standard PDF fonts.  Ipe only needs them to correctly
display text when you explicitely use them in Latex, for instance
using \usepackage{times}.

See "install.txt" for a discussion on how to install them.  If you run
Ipe, check "Help->Preferences->Search paths" for the "Ipe data
directory".  The file "fontmap.xml" in that directory must be correct
(unless you have the environment variable IPEFONTMAP (or so) set).
Check that the paths in that file are correct.

 > I am unable to open my old files created by older versions of ipe6.0
 >
 > I got :
 > ipe: ipebitmap.cpp:95: IpeBitmap::IpeBitmap(const IpeXmlAttributes&,
 > IpeString, bool): Assertion `length == data.size()' failed.

There is, unfortunately, a really stupid bug in preview 13 that stops
Ipe from opening any document containing bitmaps.

I'll try to release preview 14 tonight, fixing this and a few other
bugs.

Enjoy,