[Ipe-discuss] problems running/building on Debian unstable

ipe-discuss-list at hein.roehrig.name ipe-discuss-list at hein.roehrig.name
Tue Dec 9 12:37:49 CET 2003

Hello *,

could anybody point out workarounds for running ipe on a current Debian
unstable? It seems to be living up to its name these days WRT ipe :-(

The ipe deb package does not run because it is linked with the wrong
freetype. Rebuilding the debian package from its source solves this
problem. However, I get errors like this:

$ ipe -toeps class-circuit-ipe.xml dvicompat/class-circuit.eps >/dev/null
Document class-circuit-ipe.xml has 1 pages
Using Freetype version 2.1.7
Error: Couldn't create FreeType font 'WQOPUP+CMSY10'
Error: Couldn't find a font for 'WQOPUP+CMSY10'
Error: Couldn't create FreeType font 'WQOPUP+CMSY10'
Error: Couldn't find a font for 'WQOPUP+CMSY10'
Error: Couldn't create FreeType font 'WQOPUP+CMSY10'
Error: Couldn't find a font for 'WQOPUP+CMSY10'
Error: Couldn't create FreeType font 'WQOPUP+CMSY10'
Error: Couldn't find a font for 'WQOPUP+CMSY10'
Error: Couldn't create FreeType font 'WQOPUP+CMSY10'
Error: Couldn't find a font for 'WQOPUP+CMSY10'

Downloading the latest IPE from http://ipe.compgeom.org/ and rebuilding
leads to the same error message.

I then tried to get the fontmap.xml right... I copied tetex-fontmap.xml
to /opt/ipe-6.0/share/ipe/6.0pre12/fontmap.xml but this does not solve
the problem either. Moreover, strace'ing ipe reveals that it never even
tries to load *any* fontmap-like configuration file.

I would greatly appreciate any advice on how to get back to a working
ipe... is there a "known good" configuration on Debian?

Thank you very much in advance,
Hein
--
http://hein.roehrig.name | Not signed, verify out of band