[Ipe-announce] Ipe 7.1.8 available

Otfried Cheong otfried at ipe.airpost.net
Sat Jul 11 15:29:27 CEST 2015

Ipe 7.1.8 is now available on the (new) Ipe webpage,
http://ipe.otfried.org.

There were only a few (but useful) changes and bug fixes, see below.

I am considering phasing out support of EPS (encapsulated Postscript) in
Ipe.  I have not used it myself for years.   If you are still using Ipe
to save figures in Postscript, please let me know.

Enjoy,

Ipe 7.1.8 (2015-07-11)

 * (Partial) support for MacOS retina displays.  You need to set
   prefs.retina to true to enable this.

 * Fixed compilation of qvoronoi ipelet on Mac OS X (bug #31).

 * Now using standard libjpeg API for embedded JPEG images, rather
   than the TurboJPEG API.  Therefore Ipe now compiles with either
   JPEG library.  Thanks to Michael Thon for the patch (#32).

 * IPEBUNDLE variable to compile Ipe without references to the file
   system.

 * IPENOGESTURE variable to compile Ipe for Windows Vista and older.

 * Fixed Document properties dialog (bug #33).

 * Fixed first entry in layer list popup menu.

 * Fixed crash in Voronoi ipelet on Windows (#5).