[Ipe-announce] Preview 18 is available

Otfried Cheong ocheong at win.tue.nl
Tue Jun 29 00:07:13 CEST 2004

The prize for finding the embarrassing-and-stupid-bug (tm) in preview
17 has been claimed: drawing a circle through three points crashes
Ipe.

On a more positive note, some of you may have seen the (two-page)
article about Ipe in the Japanese Linux magazine.  They sent me a copy
of the magazine, which comes with a DVD including the Fedora Core
Linux distribution, and Ipe in a separate directory :-)

This was a nice opportunity to replace my aging Linux setup, and since
Fedora Core uses RPM packaging, I thought it was time for me to learn
how to build Ipe RPMs myself.  Many thanks to Pat Morin for the spec
file and instructions on his web page.

I've also added the possibility of compiling Ipe against the KDE
libraries. I guess I was just curious what the effect would be: so far
I see only one, namely that Ipe now updates its appearance when the
theme is changed in the KDE control center.  Note that no further work
on making Ipe KDE-compliant is planned (I don't actually use KDE
myself).

Enjoy,

Ipe 6.0 preview 18 (2004-06-28)

 * Fixed crash when creating circle through three points.

 * Compilation against KDE libraries supported.  This only adds very
   rudimentary KDE support, for instance Ipe now correctly switches
   style when the theme is changed in the KDE control center.

 * All personal Ipe configuration files are now in $HOME/.ipe

 * Added -debug command line flag.

 * Building source RPM and binary RPM for Fedora Core 2.