Sat Jul 1 21:11:39 CEST 2006

Sender: "Arisaema Enthusiast Group (AEG) Discussion List (and other=
From: Diane Whitehead <voltaire at ISLANDNET.COM>
Subject: Re: Arisaema consanguineum - striped leaves

I don't think I have described these leaves well - they aren't green
leaves with a silver stripe.  They are very dark brown, the same as
the flower spathes, with wide pale green stripes following the veins
- a quick glance, and one assumes the whole brown/green striping
belongs to flowers.  If one looks closely, one finally realizes that
a lot of the pattern belongs to the leaves  that are below the
flower.  (but not the leaves that are above it - those top leaves are
plain green.)

--
Diane Whitehead  Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
maritime zone 8