plant for identification (14)

Anne Chambers annechambers at SUILVEN0.DEMON.CO.UK
Tue Jun 5 23:41:14 CEST 2001

In message <7e.15fb44fe.284e77d8 at aol.com>, "Jim McClements, Dover, DE
z6" <JimMcClem at AOL.COM> writes
>In a message dated 6/5/01 10:28:48 AM, cabalist at GDINET.COM writes:
>
><<  Please have a look to this beautiful unidentified Arisaema
>

>> http://botu07.bio.uu.nl/arisaema/Ident/reply14.htm
>

>Here's an understatement! I have no idea what species this plant is but what
>
>a fantastic leaf. It has to be among the best for pure foliage interest.
>
>I'll be awaiting a definitive (or as best we can) i.d.
>

>To me this plant bears a superficial resemblance to A. taiwanense. The
>foliage and shape/position of the inflorescense are similar, altough the
>color and site of origin obviously don't fit. It certainly doesn't resemble
>any A.ciliatum that I've seen.
>
>Jim McClements

Agreed! - it seems very like taiwanense to me. It would be interesting
to see a detail of the tip of the spadix appendage.
Anne
--
Anne Chambers