seed ripening

John Gwynne jgwynne at WCS.ORG
Thu Jan 18 22:20:49 CET 2001

Hello Simon. With similar impatience for ringens in Nov, I've cut off the
entire seed head intact and stuck it on a coolish windowsill indoors to have
it ripen fine..but not sure if it was much faster than cold outside .  If you
have any extra seed of your 3 species, esp kel-insularis, I'd love some. Sent
most of mine to AEG seedex already, but probably have a little left.Might you
be interested in ringens from korea, not japan. Suspect easier to grow in mild
climates. Thanks John Gwynne, 1255 Fifth Ave 4K, New York ,NY 10029-3851 usa
Hope you're well.. still have goodies from you years ago"