[Trillium-l] Decipiens

Robin Graham Bell rgb2 at cornell.edu
Sat Jan 17 06:32:07 CET 2015

Someone will probably shoot me down on this but my impression is that ovatum is the most widespread of the westerners so I think that many of the caveats that apply to decipiens & underwoodii also apply here. You could almost nominate your ecologic parameters & find ovatum growing there somewhere, so long as the parameters don't include very dry! I suspect that if you could try some ovatums sourced from other sites you might eventually be successful. Russ would know more, I guess it might depend on what you thought the fatal component was in your environment.....very hard to tell. Have you tried albidum? A friend had a patch of it in Ithaca that was ever expanding. Coastal N. California/Oregon is really pretty cool climate stuff, I think it is why they do so well in kiwiland & Scotland.
Robin Bell, Medford, OR. also zone 7, or 8, depending on how you feel, this year 8 I think.